Advice to help cut carbon emissions and make savings to energy bills
North Yorkshire Council invites you to get involved in a series of workshops to help shape a programme to bring savings to energy bills and help cut carbon dioxide emissions in North Yorkshire.
North Yorkshire Council is working with the York and North Yorkshire Local Enterprise Partnership (Y&NY LEP) to deliver a programme to help tackle climate change and reduce harmful emissions as part of the North Yorkshire UK Shared Prosperity Fund.
£780,000 have been allocated for three strands of work to create a programme to support and build capacity for community climate action as well as business-based decarbonisation to reduce energy costs and carbon emissions.
The programmes could include grant funding for feasibility studies and low carbon measures as well as consultancy support, energy and resource audits and capital grants for adaptations.
You are invited to get involved by helping to co-design the programme. There are three session taking place in Skipton, Selby and Scarborough:
Developing Business Net Zero programmes:
- 16 May: 9.30am to 12pm, SELFA, Skipton.
- 18 May: 9am to 11.30am, Brayton Community Centre, Selby.
- 30 May: 3pm to 5pm, Sea View Conference room, Scarborough Town Hall.
Developing a Community Climate Action Programme:
- 16 May: 1pm to 3pm, SELFA, Skipton.
- 18 May: 1pm to 3pm, Brayton Community Centre, Selby.
- 30 May: 9.30am to 12pm, Sea View room, Scarborough Town Hall.
To sign up to one of the workshops, visit UK Shared Prosperity Fund page.