Community Awards 2023
North Yorkshire Council‘s Community Awards 2023 are now open for nominations.
The winner of each category will be awarded £1,000 for the relevant project, group or nominated relevant local charity in the case of the volunteer awards. Two runners up in each category will receive £250.
This year there are three categories:
- Best community group: Awarded to groups carrying out ongoing voluntary activity / activities in North Yorkshire.
- Caring for the environment: Awarded to groups who have demonstrated a commitment to delivering community based initiatives that protect, restore and enhance our natural environment, helping to tackle the causes and impacts of climate change or supporting nature to thrive.
- Volunteer of the year: Awarded to individual volunteers carrying out voluntary activity / activities in North Yorkshire.
The criteria for the community awards scheme are:
- projects or activities that have taken place or been completed from 1 May 2022 to 30 April 2023
- nominations in all categories must have had a positive impact on people living in the North Yorkshire Council area
- nominated community groups must be constituted, not for profit and operate in the North Yorkshire Council area
- community groups may be a branch of, or affiliated to, a larger regional or national organisation, as long as the volunteers started and developed the initiative for the activity locally, and the group’s achievements go beyond what is expected of similar groups in the wider organisation’s network
- nominated individuals must volunteer in the North Yorkshire Council boundaries in the area of work for which they are nominated
- volunteers of all ages are eligible for nomination
- self-nominations will be accepted
Winners and runners up may not be considered for award in the same category in the following three years.
Nominations close on 4 June 2023.
For more information and to make a nomination, please click here.