Cost of Living briefing: it’s impact on health, wellbeing and finances
Healthwatch North Yorkshire have published their latest Pulse Briefing looking at the health and care impacts of the cost of living crisis.
To explore how this crisis is affecting the people of North Yorkshire, Healthwatch North Yorkshire gathered experiences through surveys and one-to-one conversations with individuals and those organisations offering support. Healthwatch North Yorkshire wanted to know:
- How are you coping financially?
- What are you most worried about?
- As a support organisation, what are people telling you they are most concerned about?
- What is the impact on your wellbeing?
- What is helping so far and what else could be done?
- 62% of you said you were struggling or will start to struggle as the costs continue to rise and winter approaches
- There is increased strain on organisations to deliver when funding is running short there are higher running costs and increased needs to meet
- There are increased concerns for those most vulnerable within society such as people with a long-term health condition or disability, older people, and low-income families with children
- The negative health impacts that will result will only further exacerbate the winter pressures the health and care sectors are facing.
Read the full report here.