- Agenda: Developing a Family Hub Network; Migration Yorkshire refugee integration strategy and supporting people from Ukraine; Local Safeguarding Partnerships and Safeguarding Week 2022; Sharing intelligence; Making on-line meetings work for everyone.
- Useful links and supporting information: Digital engagement during Covid (June 2021 report); Homes for Ukraine – Government guidance.
Representing diverse communities
North Yorkshire Equality & Inclusion Strategic Partnership
The North Yorkshire Equality & Inclusion Strategic Partnership (NYE&ISP) has membership from a wide range of public, private and voluntary sector organisations, and meets to discuss a range of topics. The aims of the meetings are to provide a forum to:
- increase partners’ understanding of the issues facing people with protected characteristics in North Yorkshire
- ensure that organisations in North Yorkshire which take decisions about services provided to people with protected characteristics are aware of the issues they face, and take steps to address the issues
- create links between partner organisations to share good practices, share plans and provide feedback on plans and changes to services.
Meetings in 2022 are 2-4pm: Wednesday 6 April, Wednesday 13 July, Wednesday 12 October.
For more information contact Caroline O’Neill, Head of Policy & Partnerships email@example.com 01904 704177.
North Yorkshire Equality & Inclusion Partnership meetings: agendas, notes and further information
6 April 2022
12 January 2022
- Agenda: North Yorkshire Rural Commission Report; Wider Impacts of Covid-19; Reaching people in particular communities and people feeling isolated; Confronting racism; Local Safeguarding Partnerships.
- Meeting notes
- Useful links and supporting information: Rural Commission report and action plan; North Yorkshire Safeguarding Adults (NYSAB) Local Safeguarding Partnerships presentation; Wider Impacts of Covid presentation.
13 October 2021
- Agenda: Inclusive Communities and Ethnic Diversity across North and East Yorkshire, York and the Humber; Refugee Integration Strategy; Economic and social impact of VCSE organisations; Recruiting from a wider workforce; Tackling Loneliness–Stronger Together: Toolkit.
- Meeting Notes
- Useful links and supporting information: our Stronger Together toolkit; advice on what modern slavery is and how to spot the signs with North Yorkshire Police; measuring the impact of VCSE organisations.
- Inclusive economic growth: a presentation from the York & North Yorkshire Local Enterprise Partnership (YNYLEP)
- How to create inclusive content: an NHS guide
- An Inclusive Language guide from the University of Manchester
- Advice on what modern slavery is and how to spot the signs with North Yorkshire Police