Building local homes for local people
Community Led Homes, North Yorkshire and East Riding is the hub for community led housing in the region.
We exist to:
- Promote community led housing as an achievable housing option for residents, communities and partners throughout the North Yorkshire and East Riding region
- Be the central point of information for the development of community led housing
- Deliver activities and workshops to interested communities
- Be ambassadors for community led housing, locally, regionally and nationally
- Develop a pipeline of affordable community led homes throughout the region to enable the sustainability of rural and market town communities.
We support communities that want:
- To build and manage their own scheme.
- To develop and own their scheme but not then manage them.
- The whole package of support, with a housing association, or other appropriate body, taking on a long lease.
We work collaboratively in partnership with public, private, voluntary and community sector organisations, to provide effective solutions for communities to deliver affordable community led housing.
The hub is currently co-hosted by Community First Yorkshire, in partnership with Humber and Wolds Rural Action.
The hub is part of the national community led housing hub network, and information and knowledge is shared between other regional hubs. We have assisted the national community led housing organisations to gather evidence for central government housing delivery policies, grant programmes and responded to government consultations.