Harrogate: Head of Adult Services, Mind in Harrogate District
Mind in Harrogate District is a local, independent charity and we’re on mission to improve mental health and wellbeing outcomes for individuals and communities who need our support.
Our current strategy sets out an ambitious approach to tackling the demand for mental health services and as such we are seeking to grow our Senior Leadership Team by investing in the recruitment of a Head of Adult Services.
As the Head of Adult Services, you will play a pivotal role in leading and coordinating our adult services initiatives, ensuring the effective delivery of support programmes and projects aimed at enhancing the mental health and wellbeing of our community. Reporting directly to the CEO, you will be responsible for project management, overseeing the planning, delivery, monitoring and evaluation while managing a team of project coordinators.
What You’ll Do:
- Develop and implement strategic plans for adult services in alignment with the organisation’s mission and objectives
- Project management activities, including project planning, budgeting, resource allocation, and timeline management
- Line manage a small team of coordinators, to identify service gaps and develop innovative solutions
- Build and maintain relationships with funders, partners organisations, government agencies, and community groups to expand the reach and impact of our services
- Provide leadership and mentorship to the adult services team, fostering a culture of collaboration, accountability, and continuous improvement
- Monitor and evaluate the effectiveness of contracts and projects, using data and feedback to drive continuous quality improvement
- Stay informed about developments in the field of mental health and adult services, integrating best practices and evidence-based approaches into our programmes
- Prepare reports and presentations for CEO, Trustee board
- Create a monitoring and evaluation framework to ensure outcomes and outputs for each project are met and that the organisation can demonstrate the impact and outcomes of our initiatives.
What We’re Looking For:
- Proven experience in project management
- Strong leadership skills with the ability to motivate and inspire a diverse team
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to build relationships and collaborate effectively with internal and external stakeholders
- Demonstrated commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion in all aspects of work
- Ability to work independently, prioritize tasks, and manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Knowledge of mental health issues and services (mental health first aid training will be given)
What We Offer:
- Competitive salary and benefits
- An opportunity to be part of a growing and ambitious organisation
- An inspiring and collaborative work environment
- Opportunities for professional growth and development
- The satisfaction of being part of a small team that’s focussed on making a real difference!
How to Apply: Please call 01423 503335 or email email@example.com to request a Job Description and application form.
Closing date for applications is 5pm Friday 23 February 2024.