Tees Valley, North & East Yorkshire: Dementia Connect Local Service Manager, Alzheimer’s Society
We have an exciting new opportunity for an inspirational leader to join our team as a Dementia Connect Local Services Manager. You will provide leadership and management to local service teams across Tees Valley, North & East Yorkshire holding responsibility for the management and delivery of specific contracts, while supporting the Area Manager to deliver the Alzheimer’s Society’s strategy.
You will lead the local delivery of services across a designated area,ensuring that those services are of high quality, person centred, safe and that people affected by dementia are at the heart of all service delivery.
You will have direct line management responsibility for Dementia Support Workers/Advisors who provide support and guidance to people with dementia within a person-centred approach.
The Dementia Connect Local Services Manager will report directly to the Area Manager and will be a member of the Tees Valley, North & East Yorkshire management team. There will be a requirement for travel across the designated area with expenses paid in accordance with our expenses policy.
As a Dementia Connect Local Services Manager you will:
- Demonstrate the ability to build and nurture relationships with stakeholders to ensure that the lived experience of people with dementia is shared widely so that it can influence decision making, service quality and delivery, in line with our strategic priorities.
- Have knowledge of key roles in the Health & Social Care sector and is confident in managing relationships within this sector, to ensure we are the go-to organisation for all things dementia related.
- Have experience as a great people manager having led teams to deliver high performance outcomes and work collaboratively to provide an excellent service.
- Be someone who truly role models our values and behaviours in all they do.
- Work effectively with internal teams to achieve mutual outcomes.
- Have experience successfully managing change from start to end.
- Be highly organised and able to manage multiple competing priorities.
- Work well as part of a multi-disciplinary team.
- Possess a positive and proactive attitude to challenging situations and problem solving, using a collaborative and engaging approach with your team.
Contract Type: Permanent
Location: Home based.
Salary: £33,438 – £36,515 actual per annum (depending on skills and experience)
Working Hours: 35 per week
Closing Date: 26 June 2022
Interview Date: To be confirmed via Zoom or Teams
Contact: Linda Haggie – firstname.lastname@example.org
For further details please visit our website