Safeguarding is everyone’s responsibility
Safeguarding Week runs from 19-23 June, and will see partners from Safeguarding Adults Boards, Children’s Safeguarding Partnerships, and Community Safety Partnerships across North Yorkshire, the City of York and East Riding come together to develop an extensive programme of learning events, seminars and interactive sessions which all underpin this year’s theme – ‘Cost of Living Crisis’. There are sub-themes of:
- Domestic Abuse
- Mental Health
- Impact on Children: child earners, exploitation, mental health, drug use, county lines.
- Financial Safeguarding: fraud, scams, financial abuse.
- Self Neglect and signposting to organisations e.g. food banks, keeping warm and well fed.
The full programme and booking details for the sessions are available here.
Early registration is recommended. You can check out a quick overview of what is available here.
In North Yorkshire, the Safeguarding Adults Board are hosting a number of sessions:
- Trading Standards and Safeguarding
- Sexual Health and Safeguarding
- Drug and Alcohol Related Deaths
- Suicide Prevention
- North Yorkshire Horizons and NYH Rise – an overview of drug and alcohol recovery and support services for adults and young people
- Scams Awareness
- GamCare’s Money Guidance Service – support for anyone affected by gambling
There are many other fantastic sessions hosted by Safeguarding Adults Board’s partners and partnerships from across North Yorkshire, City of York and East Riding – so do please see what is on offer as they are available to all.
Sessions held throughout the week are available for professionals as part of their personal development and members of the public for awareness and introduction to key topics. We collectively share the message that #SafeguardingIsEverybodysBusiness
More information and resources can be found on the North Yorkshire Safeguarding Adults Board website: NYSAB Safeguarding Week 2023