Volunteers' Week, 1- 7 June 2022
A time to say thanks
We love volunteering at Community First Yorkshire! So, while we like to celebrate volunteers and volunteering all year round, we look forward to Volunteers’ Week as a special chance each year to recognise the contribution volunteers make to our charity and community groups here in North Yorkshire.
Volunteers are at the heart of most charities and community groups, and whether you’re a charity or community group looking for volunteers, or you’re looking to volunteer yourself, we provide a range of services to help.
Here are just some of our tips and resources:
- A-Z guide to volunteering A quick, fun guide to all things volunteering for you to download.
- Volunteering charter. Pledge your commitment to good volunteer management by signing up to our charter.
- Volunteer management toolkit. A guide to involving, supporting and celebrating volunteers.
- Finding your volunteers. A look at the different ways to find the volunteers you need.
- Volunteer management training. This series of four volunteer management training sessions provide the best practice in volunteer management.
- If you’re responsible for supporting volunteers in your organisation, you may like to join our volunteer co-ordinator network or sign up to receive our newsletter.
- Looking for volunteering roles? There are volunteering roles to suit everyone. Find your ideal opportunity on our Volunteering in North Yorkshire directory.
- Read our blogs and hear how volunteers in North Yorkshire are making a difference.
- Listen to our Volunteering stories podcasts to hear first-hand why people volunteer.
Power of Youth Day
On 6 June, Volunteers’ Week is coordinating with the #iwill movement for Power of Youth Day – an annual celebration of the contributions children and young people make to society through volunteering and social action. You can read more about it in this blog post.
If you work with young volunteers, you might like to have a look at this guide to what you should consider when involving young people in volunteering.